Ride A Rescue/Feed A Rescue
Save A Horse. Ride A Rescue!
This exciting lesson opportunity is designed to teach the community about horses while simultaneously feeding rescue horses for a very affordable donation of
This is NOT a family rate. This is the rate PER RIDER,
Regardless of qualified age/activity, as listed below.
No children younger than two years old.
2-7 Year olds - Horse Activities include: grooming, walk leadline on horse (max of 10 minutes) and have a digital photo taken on the horse, which will be sent to their parent/legal guardian. Guardian must be present at all times.
8+ year olds - Learning opportunity includes: leading horse, tie horse, groom, saddle, bridle, ride (max of 30 minutes), untack, bathe and release horse into their proper stall or pasture (as instructed).
Individual must be willing and able to listen and follow instructions at all times.
Please, wear jeans and closed toe shoes, or you will not be allowed to in the barn area, for your own safety.
Single and repeat lessons are available.
Thank you for your interest in our program!
We hope to see you at the barn.
* Please DO NOT bring feed to “pay” for your lesson.
While we appreciate your kind gesture, horses have a specific diet.
It is not healthy for horses to abruptly change feed. Thank you!
Riversong Ranch Rescue Lesson Policies
Under Texas Law (Chapter 75 and 87 Civil Practice and Remedies Code) an Equine Professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities.
1. No Refunds. All monies paid to Riversong Ranch Rescue are donations, including but not limited to adoptions. No refunds will be given.
2. Donations are used at our discretion and are non negotiable.
3. Payment is due at the time of the lesson/before the lesson
4. All visitors must schedule a time to visit. Lessons must be scheduled at least a week in advance.
5. No dogs on premises. Please leave pets at home.
6. Liability release forms are required and must be signed before entering the barn area.
7. Children under 18 must follow directions and stay under guardian control at ALL TIMES.
8. Do not interfere with any animal on the property without permission including but not limited to chickens, dogs, alpaca, and horses. Any interference will be immediate grounds for requiring the individual to leave the property. A person involved in any activity, such as, but not limited to chasing chickens, which results in injury to that animal will be held liable for the animal.
9. We can ask any individual to leave the premises at any time for any reason without explanation at our discretion.
10. Helmets are welcomed and recommended.
11. Any person asked to leave the premises who does not immediately leave will be treated as a trespasser.
12. Wear jeans and closed toed shoes (preferably boots) or you will not be allowed to participate
By Signing this document, you agree that you have read this document and agree to follow these terms as written.
The above policies are subject to change without notice.
Riversong Ranch of Texas/Riversong Ranch Rescue
1924 Co Rd 3213 Wills Point Tx, 75169
Christen Lain 817-657-0239
Release and Indemnity for Owner/ Guest/ Rider/ Visitor/ Student
I,____________________________ , as a guest, spectator, visitor, or rider on the premises of RIVERSONG RANCH OF TEXAS/ RIVERSONG RANCH RESCUE, acknowledge and understand that entering in, on, about or upon your property and related improvements and facilities for any purpose, whether for viewing or participating in equestrian or other related or unrelated activities, may present certain danger or lifeguards that could result in injury or loss, damage or death to persons, animals or property. I have been hereby advised and warned that all owners, guests, visitors, spectators, and family members should purchase and wear an A.S.T.M. approved Helmet at all times, while participating in any equestrian activity at or in conjunction with RIVERSONG RANCH OF TEXAS/ RIVERSONG RANCH RESCUE to help prevent any horse related injuries.
In the event of an injury, loss, damage or death or any other claims thereof by or through me, I hereby and irrevocably release RIVERSONG RANCH OF TEXAS/ RIVERSONG RANCH RESCUE and any subcontractors, visitors, spectators, guests, and family members from any and all claims, costs and expenses relating thereto, and furthermore, I shall indemnify and hold harmless the above from and against all such injury, loss, damage or death, including, but not limited to court cost and reasonable attorney fees.
The equine limited liability act was passed by the Texas House and Senate May 19, 1995 and went into effect September 1, 1995 as follows.
Under Texas law (chapter 75 and 87, civil practice and remedies code), an equine professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risk of equine activities.
An automated entry gate at Riversong Ranch of Texas/Riversong Ranch Rescue will be provided for the security of the property, both for unauthorized entry and as secondary fencing for containment of horses. All horse owners, riders, guests, visitors, or spectators who enter the property are responsible for proper operation of the gate. Any damage to either vehicles or the entry gate is the responsibility of the individual involved in an incident.
I have read the above statement I am 18 years of age or older and legally responsible for making this decision. If under the age of 18 please have a legal guardian read and sign. Guardians are responsible for minors under the age of 18 years.
Signature rider / parent / guardian ______________________________________________Date_______________
Print rider(s) name(s) _____________________________________________________________________________