Riversong Ranch Rescue Policies
Under Texas Law
(Chapter 75 and 87 Civil Practice and Remedies Code)
an Equine Professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities.
1. No Refunds. All monies paid to Riversong Ranch Rescue are nonrefundable, including adoption donations, board, deposits, etc. No refunds will be given.
2. Deposit to hold a rescue horse is nonrefundable. A $200 deposit constitutes a 5 day hold.
3. There is a 24 HR window to pick up a horse after adoption. After which, a $15/day boarding fee is applied at the adopter's expense.
4. A boarding contract, signed by the adopter (owner of the horse), is required upon adoption; if the horse remains at Riversong Ranch Rescue for ANY length of time.
5. An adoption contract must be signed at the time of adoption.
6. Payment plans are available for horses at RRR. However, the horse must remain at RRR during that time and boarding fees ($250/mo) will apply. Horses must be paid in full before leaving our property… no exceptions.
7. We are NOT primarily a boarding facility. Short term boarding is reserved for horses in training and rescue horses. Please view the boarding contract here.
8. After the adoption process, Riversong Ranch Rescue is not liable for the horse in any way. The horse is the responsibility of the adopter in EVERY way. Any horse that is returned to Riversong Ranch Rescue will be treated as an owner surrender, including surrender fees. See the surrender form.
9. Horse adoption donations are placed at our discretion, are nonnegotiable and nonrefundable.
Owner Surrendered Horses
1. Surrendered horses are placed in homes at our discretion. Please keep in mind that once you surrender a horse, it is now property of Riversong Ranch Rescue. The owner no longer has rights or say in the horse's care or placement.
2. A Surrender Form is required for all surrendered equine, as well as a horse info sheet. A surrender form permanently releases all ownership and rights of the equine to Riversong Ranch Rescue.
3. Click Here to see further surrender requirements
1. At this time, we are accepting volunteers. Volunteers (ages 13+) that desire to work on Riversong Ranch Rescue grounds, please fill out an volunteer application.
2. If you are a trainer interested in assisting, we would be happy to speak with you. If you are interested in training or volunteering, contact Christen Lain at 817.657.0239
3. All Volunteers will be required to follow the following visitor/safety policies, listed below.
1. All visitors/volunteers/adopters
must schedule an appointment to visit. Otherwise, you may be required to wait or be refused access to the property.
2. We can ask any individual to leave the premises at any time for any reason without explanation. Any person asked to leave the premises who does not immediately leave will be treated as a trespasser.
3. NO dogs on premises. NO EXCEPTIONS!
4. Do not inappropriately interfere with any animal on the property including but not limited to chickens, dogs, alpaca, and horses. Any interference such as chasing chickens will be immediate grounds for requiring the individual to leave the property. A person involved in any activity, such as, but not limited to chasing chickens, which results in injury to that animal will be held liable for the animal.
5. Liability release forms are required and must be signed before entering the barn area.
6. Children under 18 must follow directions and stay under guardian control at ALL TIMES.
7. Helmets are welcomed and recommended.
8. Please keep valuables in your possession. We are not responsible for lost/stolen items.
9. Last but not least... NO DRAMA. Come, enjoy the horses, have fun.
Rudeness and rumors are not welcome here.
We want a happy environment for EVERYONE at Riversong Ranch Rescue.
We appreciate your cooperation and suppport.
These Policies are subject to change at any time.