"At Riversong Ranch Rescue, our goal is to place our horses in FOREVER homes. Until their family is found, we are their family."
- Christen Lain
The following are horses available at Riversong.
Each horse has an individual page with more information
Shelter, food and water are a constant requirement.
2. Contact us about the horse you are interested in... Make an appointment
to visit the horses.
3. During your visit, we will discuss your skill level and determine if we have a horse that fits your needs.
4. If you choose horse during your visit; we ask that you to pay the adoption fee, and sign an adoption contract.
We reserve the right to deny a horse to any prospective adopter at any time.
5. Short term board is available for $7/day.
6. We do ask for updates on the horse after adoption.
7. Please bring a halter/lead rope to pick up your horse. If you do not have one, we often have rope halters/lead combos available for $15.
8. Transportation is available for an additional fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the back story of this horse?
A: Horses at Riversong Ranch Rescue come from many walks of life. We do not always know their previous living situation. We provide information to the best of our knowledge. However, information is often limited.
Q: What is the exact age of the horses?
A: Age is determined by a dental examination by a veterinarian or an equine dentist. Aging via teeth is not a concrete science, it is an educated guess. Therefore, in most cases, age is an estimation, unless the horse is registered.
Q: What is the specific breed of the horse?
A: Breed... we do not attempt to guess a breed. We call it like it is. When the horse is papered, we will list it. Otherwise, the horse is grade.
Q: Will adoption fees increase with training?
A: Yes. Training and Evaluation takes time and money. As our trainers put time into the horses, the adoption fee increases to match the value of the horse and help offset the cost of training.
Q: Do you provide help after the adoption process?
A: Yes. Mentorship is provided after adoption. We do our best to help you with your horse after the adoption process. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns...